Do you think I just rollover out of bed and look this good? Said every long-haired, curly-furred and self-obsessed dog, ever.
Let’s face it. Some dogs need grooming every month or at least a brush everyday, which can take time out of your schedule that you may not have. The good news for your prima dogga or genetically blessed (or cursed) buddy, is that if you don’t have time, you can always take him to a professional groomer – or fur-dresser, as we like to call them.
So, how do you find the right fur-dresser for your four-legged looker?
Step One: Easy, ask around. Check with your fellow pet-lovers to see whether they’ve used any of the grooming businesses in your area. Odds are, you’ll find at least a few who can give you the ‘yay’ or ‘grrrrr…’ on local fur-dressers. Online forums are another great source for quick reviews and recommendations.
Step Two: Swing by the fur-dresser’s to say ‘woof’ – or a simple ‘hello’ will do. Tell them you’re looking for the right fur-dresser for Fido, and don’t be afraid to ask questions about their services, such as:
- How do they handle dogs with special needs? Example: shyness with strangers.
- Do they use sensitive skin shampoos?
- What types of products do they plan to use on your dog?
- Do they have discounted grooming services or promotional grooming sessions for first-time customers?
- Do they offer multiple-dog discounts?
- Do they have a loyalty program? Example: Get a free session after purchasing 10.
- Do they do breed-specific cuts? Example: Poodles require a different cut to cocker spaniels – as in, not every dog does the ‘greyhound’ look – no offense, Fast Eddie.
- Does their price include a bath and a clip?
Finally, make sure you choose a fur-dresser whose services meet your dog’s needs, from top to tail.
That’s it. You’re on your way to one hot dog. Woof!